Church Sant Vicenç
CHURCH OF SANT VICENÇ 17th-18th centuries
The church of Sant Vicenç was built between 1690 and 1730, and was consecrated on 7th-8th January 1730.
Good harvests of wine and olive oil, together with the increasing contempt for Romanesque art of the time, were among the factors behind the decision to demolish the former Romanesque church in the town (located beside the present-day Romanesque Tower). A new church was built on part of the site occupied by the Abbot’s Castle-Palace.
The bell tower was added on nearly two hundred years later, in 1912-1915.