Main square tree stone surround
Main Square Tree STONE SURROUND 17th century
For over one hundred years, the majestic Main Square Tree was surrounded by a low wall made of hard white stone bearing the three lances of Llançà coat of arms and the date 18 SEPTEMBER 1684. According to popular legend, the original stones came from the curb of an old public well on the square. When the well was made into a fountain, the left-over curb stones were used to make the surround for the Main Square Tree.
The stone surround bore silent witness to all the events taking place on the Main Square until the year 2000, when it was transferred to a new site for conservation purposes.