Shelter on former "Plaça de la República"
SHELTER on former “Plaça de la República” 1938-1939
The shelter dates from the time of the Spanish Civil War. The iron and concrete structure was built under the church of Sant Vicenç in 1938-1939, and measures 56m in length, 1.30m in width and 1.80m in height.
The shelter runs from the former Plaça de la República (name of the Main Square during the Second Spanish Republic) until Carrer Dins la Vila and Carrer 14 d’Abril. It was built to hold about 500 persons and is one of the largest shelters in the town.