Castle-Abbot's Palace, Original 11th-century building


The Abbot’s Castle-Palace was used as a residence by the abbots of Sant Pere de Rodes and as a place from where justice was administered. It was one of the most emblematic architectural elements within the walled town.

In the early 17th century, the large Abbot’s Castle-Palace was divided and reduced in size when the church of Sant Vicenç was built on the site. Today, we can still see the battlements, the barrel vaults of the prison and the stables, a well that is carved into the rock of the main courtyard, and even the embossed Sant Pere de Rodes coat of arms above the entrance door, dated 1677.

Guided visit:

Tel.  +34 654 644 303