Curates House


The assistant curate is an ecclesiastical office that existed in some churches, as in the case of the church of San Vicenç de Llançà, which used to be divided between two or more beneficiaries and was exercised alternately for weeks between them. The first assistant curate that we know of in Llançà was Guillem Roger (1567) and the last one was Joan Torrent (1816).

The assistant curate lived in the house known as the Doma (curates house), in which in kind payments produced by benefits and citizens taxes were also collected. As a result of the different confiscations in the 19th century, the house was auctioned and acquired by Geroni Fort Resto in 1878.